Monday, October 28, 2019

Welcome to English!

Goal: Get to know each other and set our learning intentions for the quarter

Agenda: 
Welcome
Nametags
Expectations
English Journals
About You
Syllabus Review

1. Nametags
Grab a piece of paper and markers. We are going to create name tags so we can get to know each other.

2. English Journals
  • We're going to set up our English Journals.
  • You will use these journals each day in class for your Daily Journals. 
  • If you already had me last quarter, you will use the same journal and I will give you a sticky note to mark Q2. 
  • If you did not have me last quarter, I will give you a brand new journal and you will set it up as follows: 


3. About You Forms  
  • Please fill out this About Me Form to help me get to know you before we start the year. 
  • I want to know what technology you're already familiar with, especially since we use technology a lot in this classroom. 
  • This also helps me with where you need to sit, especially if you have glasses or have a hard time seeing from far away. 
4. Syllabus Review 
  • I have uploaded a copy of the syllabus HERE. 
  • You can preview it or make a copy and save it to your drive. 
  • It is also linked in the "Syllabus" tab of the blog above. 
  • I am going to ask you questions and you will write down the answers on your whiteboard tables (get used to doing this - it will happen often!) 
5. Expectations 
Let's set our expectations for the year together.

Reminders: 
  • Wednesday: Pajama Day 
  • Thursday: Halloween Costumes
  • Friday: School colors (maroon and silver)