Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Precis + New Reading!

Goal: Finish the precis we worked on last week, review, and start a new story

Agenda: 
Journal
About You
Syllabus Review
Unscramble a precis
Submit handwritten precis
New Story

1. Journal 
Your journal assignment today is to finish telling me three things about yourself (from 8/30/19).
  • If you already gave me three, add more details. 
  • EVERYONE must finish this. 
  • I gave you feedback over the weekend. 
2. About You 
Please fill out this ABOUT YOU FORM.
Make sure I receive it by the end of the period (if I have you for both English and Government, please fill it out in both classes).

3. Syllabus Review 
  • The course syllabus is linked on the blog (above). 
  • It's infographic style, and I'm working on a PDF style for those who prefer to just read a document. 

4. Unscramble a Precis 
To review what we did last week, you will be unscrambling a precis.

5. Submit handwritten precis 
You are submitting your own handwritten precis today. I will help you through it individually, but you should think about this like a test.

6. New Story 
We are starting a new story today. You will need your binders, but you can close your computers.

Reminders:
Welcome to the second week of school! I'm proud of you.